Thursday, September 20, 2007

Transition 2

To borrow from Triathlon, a sport that I view with mild distrust because I am unsure why anyone would want to do 3 time trials in rapid succession for fun (just kidding Tri-geeks), I am about to enter into my second transition of the year.  The bicycle racing season will end in 3 weeks and with the ending comes the begining of my winter training.  This winter will be fun and a pleasant break from the bike.  I love the racing and most days I love the training, but after 7 months hardcore on the bike I am looking forward to running, lifting weights, climbing, Parkour, and whatever other stupid or ridiculous physical challenge catches my fancy.
I will be sampling the flavors of the off-season on Saturday at the Mud Run, I am looking foward to the Mud Run because it was an absolute blast last year when I ran it for the first time.  We had a finishing time of 57 minutes and 62nd overall best time.  I am intending to better both of those marks considerably, of course, it is a team event so I am hoping the rest of my guys are up for the task.  
To prepare for the Mud Run I spent the last 2 weeks in the gym, at the track, on the rock wall, and doing some Parkour.  I feel ready, and I think I gave body enough time time to remember how to run fast and long and how to move quickly when there are obstacles.  We will find out in 2 days.

No comments: