Friday, May 2, 2008

3 days in a row

The past 3 days on the bike might have been the hardest I have ever experienced.

Tuesday Crit: I rode near the front the whole time, chased a few too many breaks. Got into a break with Rob K. with 4 to go. Our skinny butts got pulled back with 2 to go. Finished OTB.

Wednesday Summit Ride: Pretty fast pace, did well on the hills, attacked coming into the last hill, but it was WAY too soon. Got passed halfway up. This is the sort of ride where there is no resting, no sitting up and waiting. You get dropped, you ride in alone.

Thursday Mt. Elon Ride: The fast sections were brutally fast, like nothing under 29 mph for long stretches of road. The last hard section spit off a bunch of guys who are not weak. I was on the ragged edge of blowing up several times. The Pineview stretch was all mental, because my body was rebilling hardcore.

I'm very satisfied, and happy I can stick it out 3 days in a row.

Rest and a slow beer ride today, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: